For Employers – Direct Primary Care
Consider the following healthcare trends (Commonwealth Fund, 2014):
- Between 2003 and 2013, insurance premiums rose 60% while income only rose 11%.
- In 2013, the average total premium for family coverage was $16,029 or 23% of median family income. In contrast, the average total family premium in 2003 was only 15% of median family income.
- Private employer health expenditure growth is expected to increase 75% over the next 10 years.
As a business owner, are you struggling with the rising costs of health insurance? Are you considering the shift or have you already shifted the increasing costs of health insurance to your employees? Have you eliminated health insurance benefits altogether? Are you exploring options for more affordable healthcare?
Hub City Family Practice offers employers a solution called Direct Primary Care – A new way of thinking “outside of the box” regarding healthcare. Direct Primary Care is an affordable solution to combat rising insurance costs experienced by many employers including small or self-insured businesses.
How does Direct Primary Care work?
- Direct Primary Care allows us to provide healthcare the way we believe it should be practiced – providing quality, holistic care through developing positive relationships with patients without the hassles or overhead required to bill insurance.
- By eliminating insurance from the equation, we work directly and exclusively for patients, not insurance companies, passing these savings onto the employers.
- An affordable, monthly membership fee covers the majority of primary care services and provides unlimited access to our providers – services include a yearly exam, unlimited sick visits, all in house labs (urinalysis, strep test, etc.) standard yearly labs (CBC, CMP, Lipid Panel) and a yearly EKG, if needed. Additional required services will be provided at a significant discount.
- Your employees will have access to providers via phone and email, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By utilizing technology your employees can have a provider that is a partner in their health.
Direct Primary Care Benefits
Evolving Research Supporting Direct Primary Care
- A retrospective study by Seligmann et al. evaluated the charts of 15 direct primary care providers as compared to both HMO and PPO providers regarding the successful management of patients with chronic diseases and preventative care. They found that direct primary care plan providers significantly outperformed the other HMO and PPO providers in management of diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol. It has been proven that better management of these diseases reduces complications, hospitalization, and healthcare costs for patients with these conditions.
- Another study of Qliance, a direct primary care provider in Washington State, found that direct primary care reduced employee ER visits, inpatient stays, specialist referrals, and radiology studies. This reduced employee healthcare costs by 19.6%.
Direct Primary Care Pricing List
Adults (age 19-59) – $55 per month
Adults (age 60-69) – $65 per month
Adults (age 70+) – $75 per month
Children (up to 18 years) – $25 – must sign up with at least 1 adult in the same household.
Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children living in the same household) – $150
We offer a 5% discount if you choose to pay for 12 months with one payment.
Employer based memberships are contracted on a yearly basis.
For more information on how Hub City Family Practice can help your business save money, call our office at 240-513-6330.